Below is a list of recommendations for students and families during this time of caution with the Coronavirus.
Report family or student travel to your school if traveling to states, countries, or international destinations where alerts are provided. Students must stay away from school for 14 days starting with the date the student or family member returned to the U.S. Please communicate with your school.
- Report family travel to your school if traveling to highly concentrated areas in the U.S. where people are in close proximity. Examples include New Orleans, Six Flags, student camps, workshops, etc.
- Self-assess for flu-like symptoms of student and family members, and seek medical attention as necessary before returning to school. Students and family members presenting flu-like symptoms with fever must have a doctor’s release in order for student to return to school.
- During this time of caution, a student must be clear of all fever without using acetaminophen or ibuprofen for 48 hours before returning to school. This is different than normal situations which recommends free of fever for 24 hours.
- Keep your school informed on the situation since students and employees with underlying health conditions are at the highest risk.
- Please stay home to prevent exposure to this virus. Although your child’s symptoms may be minor, the spread of the Coronavirus can be problematic for others who have health concerns.
- Resources: Centers for Disease Control https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html, https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html